Classified means arranged according to some system of classification arranged according to type (of advertisements in newspapers, etc). A place where you can find what you are looking for. If you are a job seeker then you can just go on the website and with easy search, you will find so many advertisements that would be what you are looking for.
- Arranged or distributed according to class
- Containing advertisements or lists arranged by category: a classified directory
- Information will be assigned to a classification, as restricted, confidential, or secret, that limits its use to authorized persons
- Confidential or secret
- Classified ad
Why classifieds website models have been so successful?
There can be a lot of reasons why a classified web development has become successful. Here are some of my perspectives.
- Users can easily display a product to a whole bunch of people who are looking for the same.
- Users searching for the product has many options available to look into. You would be able to find a lot of similar products/brands with different price range which in turn helps you make a choice for buying.
- On the search engine perspective, the website attracts a lot of traffic and users, with new content being added as the website keeps growing- attracting more customers and content.
Though it is well known that a classifieds website can be a successful business, not everyone who starts the business has become successful. If you have the time, money and power to penetrate the market and install your classified website brand into people, then you probably would start becoming successful.
How does Classifieds website generate revenue?
There can be various revenue models for classifieds website. Some of them are as follows.
Ads: Advertisements have been the single major source of revenue for classifieds website as the number of users and visitors visiting the website is huge. Additionally classifieds website that are highly successful are also tapping in revenue by selling premium ads on their website for each category.
Selling Leads: Leads generated in classifieds website are sold to third party companies for marketing directly to users. For example: if a user has registered in the website and is searching for a car or real estate to buy, this could be a good lead for companies selling cars or real estate.
Online Research: Help companies get customer views of their product. Affiliate marketing is also another source of making revenue.Get A Free Quote